About Safety measures and hygiene managementSafety / hygiene management
Doronko-kai Group Headquarters: The management department obtained ISO9001: 2015 (international standard for quality management systems) certification on April 1, 2016 for the provision of childcare services. (Certificate registration number: C2016-01073)
Childcare quality manual and operation manual
The Doronko-kai Group puts the “nursery quality manual” at the disposition of each staff member, and equips all the nursery schools with “operation manuals”. In order to protect the lives of children and provide high-quality childcare, 10 nurseries go through a certification review by an ISO certified organization every year, to check if operational rules (childcare quality manual and operation manual) such as hygiene management, infectious disease prevention, crisis management, child-abuse prevention, complaint response, and provision of meals are thoroughly implemented.
Crisis management (risk management)
and incident response (crisis management)
= risk management
- In order to avoid any injuries or accidents, we sort out in advance the risk factors through different trainings and periodical inspections to anticipate the risks and take measures.
- Accident reports, incident reports, and near-miss reports are shared among staff members to identify and analyze problems.
- Training in the nursery school and area study meetings will be held to improve the quality of childcare and prevent accidents.
- We conduct safety education, promote understanding of child development by staff, and plan and implement training that uses hazard maps inside and outside the nursery schools.
- The nursery school principal organizes training at the nursery school and makes sure that all the staff are ready for the first aid.
- We carry out inspections and trainings as specified in the manual.
- We will respond quickly to the comments and complaints.
= Crisis management
- We respond to injuries, accidents, disasters, suspicious person intrusions, illnesses, etc. according to the “Incident Response Flowchart” published in each manual and minimize secondary damage.
- Staff nearby the emergency provide first aid appropriately and promptly, regardless of job title or position.
- The staff learns infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- In the event of an emergency, the staff at the site will judge and call an ambulance.
- For injuries and accidents, except when an ambulance is called in an emergency, according to the manual, the decision on whether or not to have a medical examination will never be made by one person, but in consultation with the HQ.
- In the event of a serious accident as described in the manual, explanation will be given to parents.
- We cover unforeseen injuries or accidents by insurance.
- Notification of appointment of fire prevention manager and submission of disaster prevention plan to the relevant fire department
- Evacuation training and firefighting training once a month, submission of self-defense firefighting training results notification to the relevant fire department
- Notification transmission training (twice a year), children collecting training (once a year), and general (once a year)
- Training to write safety information using the childcare app “Uchinoko” twice a year
- Daily inspections, periodical inspections, stockpile inspections, and firefighting equipment legal inspections by fire prevention managers
Injury, accident prevention
- Crisis management manuals are provided in all nurseries, that include childcare worker behavioral standards for injury and accident prevention, and flowcharts for handling injuries and accidents.
- As a measure to prevent SIDS(sudden infant death syndrome), the baby’s sleeping breath check can be visualized in real time by the childcare application “Uchinoko”.
- Safety education based on the safety education plan
- Periodical training for using AED (for all staff) and periodical equipment inspections for each nursery school (installed nursery school only)
- Implementation of medications based on the “Medication Error Prevention Rules”
- Safe and secure building equipment design with measures to prevent pinching of fingers and toes and to eliminate blind spots
- Facility safety inspection (6 times a year), accident prevention self-inspection (4 times a year), and review / update (once a year) of hazard maps inside and outside nurseries
Measures against suspicious person
- The nursery school entrance is locked all day, and all the staff carry a whistle.
- Training for suspicious person intrusion twice a year (June and December)
- We do not admit any child to be picked up by someone not registered on the list of pick-up person. In that case, we always confirm with the parents by phone.
- We request to the local police box to provide security information and share the security bulletin with parents.
Photochemical smog prevention
- All the staff learn photochemical-smog-related knowledge.
- Capture warning announcement, registration to photochemical smog warning e-mail delivery system
Facility hygiene management
- Disinfection, ventilation, temperature/humidity settings for nursery rooms, toys and bedding based on the “Hygiene Management Manual-Disinfection Method”
- Diaper change, breastfeeding and vomit treatment based on the “Hygiene Management Manual”
- Playing in the pool water based on “Hygiene Management Manual-Pool Water Play Manual”
- Implementation of measures to prevent the infection from spreading based on the “Infectious Disease Manual” at the time of infection
- Stool examination of all the staff on the 5th of every month
- Self-hygiene assessment ( 6 times per year)
- Daily, weekly, and monthly hygiene management inspections by the cooks
- Handling inspection records of ingredients by the cook (daily)
- Lunch / snack check and record lunch diary
Child health management
- Understanding the physical and emotional conditions of the child (visual examination and palpation at the time of acceptance in the morning, physical contact, eating together, cherry rhythmic gymnastics)
- Strong bodybuilding (barefoot childcare, floor wiping, touching creatures and playing in mud, long-distance walking, encouragement of light dressing)
- Verbal or written communication by the contact book on physical condition and eating situation of the children to the parents
- Organization and participation in the health meeting by health managers
- Establishment and review of health plan by the nursery principal (once a year)
- Health checkup (twice a year), physical measurement (once a month)
- Handling allergy-free food, conducting interviews with children who need to remove allergies
- Verification of medical history, vaccination history, and insurance card expiration date
- Provision of information to parents in the event of an infectious disease based on the “Infectious Disease Response Manual” and implementation of measures to prevent the infection from spreading
Inspection / Training
|Risk management||Equipment inspection check||6 times per year
(on 25th of May,July,September,November,January,March)
|Accident prevention check||4 times per year
( on 25th of January, April,July,October)
|Daily disaster prevention self- inspection
(fire prevention manager)
|Periodic disaster prevention self-inspection
(including firefighting equipment and stockpile / fire prevention manager)
|June 25th / December 25th|
|Legal inspection of fire prevention objects
and fire fighting equipment
|Equipment inspection, comprehensive inspection|
|Evacuation training / fire fighting training||Once a month (15th)|
|Suspicious person intrusion training||June 25th / December 25th|
|Hygiene Management||Daily hygiene management inspection (cook)||Every morning immediately after arriving
at the nursery school
|Weekly hygiene management inspection (cook）||Weekly (Friday)|
|Monthly hygiene management inspection (cook）||Once a month (25th)|
|Ingredients handling inspection (cook)||Everyday|
|Stool examination, bacteria inspection ( all staff )||Once a month (5th)|
|Health care||Verification of vaccination situation,
|Twice a year ( April, October)|
|physical measurement||Once a month (20th)|
|Medical checkup||Twice a year
*Depending on the local government regulations
|Operation management||Verification of children’s human rights
protection by parents
|Twice a year ( April, October)|
|Competency self-assessment||Once a month|
|User survey||Once a year|
|ISO9001 certification review||Once a year (10 sites to be reviewed per year)|